Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform
The Free Lagos movement says Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC), positions his son as governor of Lagos in 2023.
The group also accused Tinubu of bringing its relatives into key state positions, noting that the APC leader had made Lagos his "personal house".
This was included in a speech held by Comrade Mark Adebayo at a "World Press Conference" on Thursday at The Airport Hotel in Ikeja.
The group emphasized that their demand was "to ensure a lagoon free of subdued economic growth caused by monumental corruption and social manipulation of human beings; a free Lagos that, in all its implications, incorporates the principles of good governance in the public sector, transparency, accountability, fairness and ethnic cohesion. "
He said, "Today, the reality on the ground is that the Center of Excellence, the economic capital of Nigeria and the fifth largest economy in Africa, was held captive by a group of rulers (led by a former governor) and rigorously manipulated by the state of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu), for their selfish interests and not for the public good.
"For the majority of Nigerians, it's still amazing how the state of Lagos became a private cottage industry for an individual who alone determines the fate and fate of about 20 million people. For almost twenty years, Lagos has become a fief, with traces of personal aggravation, breathtaking corruption and virtual enslavement. "
The group went on to enumerate how Tinubu allegedly continued to anchor himself in the state by placing his people in key positions in the state, including:
1. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu served as governor for eight years, but to this day ruled with a deputy.
2. His wife has been a senator for eight years and is now in her third term.
3. The Acting Women's Commissioner for Women in Lagos State, Ms Lola Akande, a former member of the Assembly House of Lagos, is the sister-in-law of Tinubu;
4. Hon. Sunkanmi, current member of the Lagos House of Assembly representing Ikeja, is Tinubu's nephew. He was actually the successor of Mrs. Lola Akande;
5. Sade Tinubu-Ojo, General of Iyaloja in Lagos and Nigeria, is Tinubu's daughter;
6. Her husband, Mr. Oja, was a member of the House of Representatives and represented the state of Ekiti.
7. Seyi Tinubu, one of Tinubu's children, has been appointed as emergency financial adviser to all parastatals and communities in the state of Lagos. His convoy is said to be comparable to that of a governor of the state, and he was taken over as Governor of the state of Lagos in 2023, while his father Bola Ahmed Tinubu does not refuse his own ambition to become President of Nigeria in 2023.
8. Akeem Muri-Okunola, recently convicted of all civil service regulations as head of the service, is the son of Tinubu, a friend. He was Tinubu's personal assistant when he was the governor;
9. Acting Commissioner for Establishment Akinola Benson was Tinubu's personal assistant;
10. The Acting Commissioner for Health (a three-term Commissioner), Jide Idris, is Tinubu's cousin;
11. The acting chairman of the local government of Oshodi, Bolaji Ariyo, was also Tinubu's personal assistant;
12. The Acting Housing Commissioner (a two-term Commissioner), Gbolahan Lawal, was ADC to Bola Tinubu;
13. OANDO supplies all the fuel consumed by the BRT buses in Lagos and Wale Tinubu. The CEO of Oando is Tinubu's younger brother.
14. A pseudo-company called Alpha Beta collects 10% of the revenue of the state of Lagos, which generates hundreds of billions of naira fees over the 15 years because they have done virtually nothing. The state pays another 10% to Lagos Inland Revenue Services (LIRS) as management fees to earn the same revenue.
15. The property of the State Polytechnic in Lagos, Ikosi, was privately owned for the construction of a television station (TVC) owned by Bola Tinubu.
The group accused Tinubu of various practices related to corruption.
The statement continued, "To put it in perspective and to advance our point of view, an estimated 7 billion euros lost by the Lagos government's corrupt practices for total spending of around 7 billion euros over the last 20 years went. The financial resource could be invested in critical infrastructures, including the bridge of the fourth mainland, Lagos, the international airport in Epe, bridges on the Lekki Corridor to eliminate traffic jams, modern hospitals and schools in all communities. "
The APC leader has also been accused of vote-making at pre-presidential and national assembly events and plans to manipulate government elections by intimidating and harassing voters.
"At this point, we want to highlight the arrogance and impunity that has become the hallmark of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who claimed to be richer than some states in Nigeria. On the eve of the presidential election, viral images on social media showed that two barrows drove into Tinubu's residence. The Money Laundering Prohibition Act stipulates that no person or entity may make or accept cash payments in excess of N500,000 or their equivalent in the case of individuals, while in the case of entities the amount N2,000,000 is paid by a financial institution.
"We therefore urge the relevant authorities to carry out a thorough investigation into this blatant violation of the laws of our country by this person, who now calls himself" innumerable. "In fact, President Buhari's much-vaunted anti-corruption campaign will do nothing to address serious corruption allegations be conveniently ignored.
"To preserve his prejudice, he has resorted to thugs to intimidate and unleash violence against non-locals residing in Lagos and to contribute parties and candidates of their choice by exercising their right to vote freely on the state's gross domestic product. This was partly responsible for the low turnout (less than 25%) of registered voters for the presidential elections of 23 February 2019.
"This is a major threat to our democracy, which must be nipped in the bud. We therefore call for the immediate arrest and prosecution of perpetrators and their sponsors to deter others. Unfortunately, the trend in harassment continued unabated after the February 23 election. The Igbos operations in Oshodi, Mushin, Lagos and other areas will be suspended before the gubernator elections scheduled for 9 March 2019. The Activities There have been genocide of these men in different parts of the world. They must be called to order before they cause a great conflagration between the various ethnic groups that have lived peacefully together in Lagos for centuries. We are therefore alerting the Federal Government and the international community, in particular the International Criminal Court, to the dangerous activities ahead of the genocide of the agents of the former Governor of the State of Lagos, Senator Bola Tinubu, his chief thug, Mr. MC Oluomo. and his army of thugs against Nigerians from the southeast and south-south, who live in Lagos.
"For the record, our movement is not political. It's not about selfish ambitions.
It goes beyond gender, tribalism or religion, with members distributing to all local governments and development departments of local governments (LCDAs) in Lagos, where we have coordinators. We have also set up a high-profile Legal Assistance Committee composed of respected lawyers who will provide the necessary services to the members of our movement in the course of this struggle.
"We are still determined to seek justice, equality, fairness and a free Lagos where all possibilities are equally available. We demand an egalitarian Lagos with the highest ideals of democracy, economic prosperity, modernization, prosperity and freedom. We also call for voters to be protected against harassment and violence before, during and after the elections. "
Before you go! Share this content on any social media platform
SOURCE: TORI.NG TMZ.COM BELLANAIJA.COM POLITICSNGR.COM
WITHINNIGERIA.COM NAIJABLITZ.COM STARGIST.COM
JOELSBLOG.COM.NG YABALEFTONLINE.NG CELEBNEWS.COM
SAHARAREPORTERS.COM CORRECTBAE.NG LIFEHACKER.COM
PEREZHILTON.COM NIGERIATODAY.NG BAYDORZBLOGNG.COM